The ” Fabrication et Ateliers Lucien CHOQUENET ” Company was founded in 1925 by
Mr Lucien CHOQUENET. Its first vocation was to produce equipment for the local industries and more specifically for the sugar factories and distilleries.
In 1925 Mr Louis BOUDIN who was Mr L. CHOQUENET’s father in law and manager of the SAINT GOBAIN glass company, invented the flat glass flow process and committed the manufacture of the first glass rolling machines in the world to the CHOQUENET Company.
Consequently, equipment for both sugar factories and glass factories has been the specialties of CHOQUENET for many years.
CHOQUENET activities have now been developed not only in the field of urban and industrial water treatment but have also been involved in numerous processes of product implementations such as in chemical industry, pharmaceutical industry, coal mines, etc…
The CHOQUENET Company has been selling equipment for filtration as well as for glass production in more than 150 countries.
Manpower : people total including 9 managers for the following departments :
- A commercial department,
- A design office including a research department : engineers, draughtsmen,
- A purchasing department,
- A production and fitting workshop,
- A research department integrated to the design office
- An after-sale department including technicians, automation and hydraulic engineers,
- And other administrative services : finance, human resources, administrative.
- CAD : about 15 work stations with AUTOCAD/3D
- Integrated industrial management package: about 35 work stations.
- Software packages of all trademarks : TELEMECANIQUE, SIEMENS, etc…
In addition to the building of the research department and administrative services, the CHOQUENET company covers about 8 000 m_ with 4 buildings including :
- A machining workshop
- An assembly shop,
- A machining / storage building
- A laboratory
- A car park.
The extrapolation at the industrial scale of the tests carried out in laboratory is made directly by using basic data known and proven for a long time.
Pilot tests on site can be carried out with a semi-industrial equipment in order to be able to determine and optimize the filtration parameters of the product.